Taking part in Green Impact is as simple as joining or forming a team!
Individuals located in the same physical space (such as an office, department, floor or building) form a team to jointly undertake a series of actions from a pre-designed toolkit. The toolkit has been developed to help teams improve the environmental performance of their workspaces and covers a holistic approach to sustainability. Once teams have completed a certain number of actions, they will be recognised with achieving an accreditation within the program.
The program is fun, flexible, and voluntary. Teams can complete as many actions from the toolkit as they like, even if it’s just one or two. The main aim is to help raise awareness of sustainability and take direct positive action within their workspaces!
The benefits of the program include:
- Increase your awareness of sustainability issues
- Learn how to make positive and healthy changes to your workplace
- Build camaraderie with like-minded individuals from your area
- Contribute to the University’s sustainability strategy and objectives
- Most importantly, learn new things and have fun!